Saturday, January 18, 2020

Drive to Sebring, Florida


I had intended to leave for Florida around 6 am and drive past Atlanta or perhaps even to the Florida line.  However, I awoke before 4 am and made my departure by around 4:30 driving down I-75.  It was great that I could get on I-75 just 5 miles from our house and take it all to the way to within an hour of Steve’s house in Sebring, Florida.  Since I traveled through the cities of Knoxville and Atlanta on Saturday, there wasn’t much traffic and I made my way easily along.  Since I was making good time, I decided to drive straight through to Sebring and arrived in time for dinner with Steve and Marcia.

It was great to see them although they had been in the Huntington area recently to celebrate Tyler’s birthday and his enlistment in the National Guard.  Steve and I have been pals for nearly half a century and we were all looking forward to spending time together and enjoying the January Florida warmth.

I had rented a brand new 2020 Cadillac XT4.  It seemed odd to take a Cadillac on a hunting trip but the small SUV has four wheel drive and plenty of room for our gear.  The ride would be very pleasant for the four of us on our drive to St. Augustine and Titusville.  Enterprise gave me a good rate on the car for the two weeks that we would need it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment